25 August 2016

Wedding Project: DIY Flower Ball

I had decided that I didn't want my flower girls to sprinkle petals because of clean-up but I still wanted them to carry something floral.  So instead of baskets I made them each a flower ball to carry down the aisle.  

At $15 a piece from Hobby Lobby I knew I could do better on my own!  

I started with Wiffle balls, added flowers and voila!

For $2 a pack you can't beat it!

I purchased flower bushes from the Dollar Tree, so you got 5-6 blooms for $1.  Don't do what I did and ruin your normal scissors by cutting the stems...use wire cutters or say goodbye to your scissors.  

Ruining my scissors
Hot glue the flowers-one into each hole. Don't forget to string a ribbon through so they can carry them!
Glue Gun for the win!
And the finished product!

Voila!

Can't wait to see my little ladies carrying them down the aisle!

Cost Breakdown: 
3 wiffle balls: $2
Ribbon: had from another project
Flowers: 7 per ball at $1 each: $21 (you can use less I just wanted mine super lush) 
Equals: $7.67 a ball!  

Not the most cost effective because I could have purchased them for half off at Hobby Lobby but I got the exact colors and flowers I wanted.  Hobby Lobby only sold pink (no orange) and they only used roses, this way I was able to utilize the fall flowers that go with our season and theme.  

Stay tuned for the next wedding project!!












No comments: