Skip to main content

Sh*t is getting real

I just wanted to say that its really getting real cause the bridesmaids dresses have arrived!  So wedding things are really happening!

In other "getting real" news someone brought up "SMART" goals the other day and its occurred to me that I've been kinda a wimp about my goals so its time to get real about them.  For those of you that don't know SMART stands for "Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely" basically its saying that if your goals are not all of these things...you're never going to move toward them.  And then of course you need to work out the steps on how to get there. 

So here goes, no more wishy-washy. Here are some SMART goals for my life, no more holding back. 

1. Lose 20 pounds by our trip to Put-in-Bay
S & M (LOL): 20 pounds
A: I have gained more than that amount of weight in the past few months, so its not like I'm trying to reach an unattainable weight goal. 

R:Trust me, after the "eat everything insight medication I was on I have that to lose
T: Our Trip is the last Monday in August. 


How: Gym at least once per week and some sort of fitness-yoga or sit-ups or anything in between gym trips
Daily 5-10,000 step goal

2. Reach 10 Etsy Sales by June 15th
S: number of sales and date
M: Etsy keeps track of all this for me
A: I know ladies making thousands per month so I can do this
R: I think 10 sales is not only doable but possible
T: I'm giving myself a month to get 7 more sales (I have 3 so far) 


How: Once per week I will either add a new product or update the keywords in an item
I will post all of my items on Pinterest with keywords and information about me
I will post new items to Facebook and Instagram as created at least one thing per week (hopefully not the same thing to both platforms). 


3. Make a profit at my Casa Chic Booth
S: I will make more money than I pay in rent (I won't share that just in case that's private information for the shop)
M: I receive a statement from them twice a month
A: It is possible because we did this in March
R: Lots of vendors make money doing this every month
T: I have a month timeline and is accumulative because I still have to pay rent even if I don't earn it in the shop.  


Ok, those are my three specific goals...wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Wood Stencil Sign

I purchased these cute blank signs from Target--here's what the original item looked like. Then I created a stencil using 631-this is removable vinyl.  I chose removable vinyl mostly because I had ordered a large number of a color I didn't intend to use again and had extra, also it works great for things like ceramics where you're worried 651 permanent vinyl won't remove easily.  The key for me was USE TRANSFER TAPE.  In the past a majority of my bleeding has been from the centers of the letters because I was individually placing them by hand and they weren't sealing properly.  Transfer tape not only removes me individually placing letter centers, but it also gives you a better seal.  Just take an old credit card and burnish your transfer tape FOREVER.  

I mean, burnish until you think there can't possibly be any bubbles under that piece of vinyl...and then do it some more!  Then peel up your transfer tape...and voila!


This is the paint I decided to use.  It'…

Odd Pets

Every once in a while I click the "Marketplace" application on my Facebook page (in case someone is giving away a free bed that I could use).  Upon doing so yesterday I saw a pet Wallaby for sale for $1,200.  
I want one.  
However, the question is...can I have one?  Are wallabys...or is it wallabies...or maybe walleye...no that's definitely not it...you know what I mean...but are they legal in this state?
Well let's start with what we know is legal: cats and dogs (unless your landlord says no then you'll be out on the street), most lizards, but those are basic pets.  Here's a little snippet into the unusual (and expensive) pets.  
World's most expensive pets: 
Green Monkey: $16 million Missy: $1.2 million Capuchin Monkey: $10,000 That's right.  I said LEGAL!  There are neither bans nor requirements on monkey ownership in Ohio so go for it!  Buy your monkey!
Need a less feminine monkey?  Try these guys!
De Brazza's Monkey: $7,000-$10,000

Squirrel Monkey: $…

Gen Y Gives Thanks

I apologize a thousand times for the lack of updates and for putting this up so late. Large amounts of technical difficulties have inhibited my blogging, email checking, social networking, etc. However, now that I have a moment's internet access I would like to give you the link to this brilliant idea that Sharalyn Hartwell has cooked up. She writes for the Gen Y Examiner and to combat the stereotype that Gen Y is a bunch of ungrateful brats she asked members of Gen Y to write what they're grateful for and has been posting them in series.

Here's the link. She's posted a few each day so keep reading these articles of course I'm partial to mine which can be read here.