10 October 2012

Crayon Art

So for those of you who don't know I'm obsessed with Pinterest.  And there has been a lot of crayon art pictures popping up like this one:
crayon art
via Light & Spoon
And I've been really wanting to try it, but so many of the silhouettes (like the one above) are overly cutesy and romantic, this one has him proposing, and I wanted something more inspirational so I saw this and decided to combine the two.  


Maybe I'll do a message with my crayon art instead of an umbrella!
Via Too Much Time


So here's how I did it...and how it turned out: 

The Finished product. 

        

All the colors were lined up and the words added and now for the fun part!



It melted super slow...even with my blow dryer on the highest blast possible, so it certainly took a lot of patience.  


It looked pretty cool just like that but I really wanted to see what it would be like if I removed the letters:

Since it was hard to read plain like this I went in with a Sharpie and tried to outline the words, but I'm still not completely happy with the clarity of the words, I wish it was more crisp.  So not a complete success, but it was still a fun project! 


What do you think?


No comments: