Skip to main content

The KIND Project.

The past few weeks I have been less than social-and I haven't exactly been a nice person.

I got angry with my friends for being selfish and self-centered and then I realized that I was getting back from my friends the same thing that I had been dishing out lately.  

We live in a world that is all about ourselves.  We use Facebook to post about our lives, we post on Twitter play-by-plays of our every moment.  And I feel that this has made us forget about being good to one another. 

There are tons of different projects out there that illustrate my vision of the emphasis on kindness that I feel that I have lost.  Random Acts of Kindness, The Kindness Project, The Human Kindness Project, etc.  But I feel that I want to emphasize something a little different so I'm going to call my "The Kind Project". 

KIND ="Kindness (in) Individuals (is) Necessary Daily.  

My May goal and daily assignment is to do at least one kind thing everyday this month.  I feel that I have forgotten this part of my life and will be spending the next month bringing it back. 

Guidelines: 
Because I want this to be a challenge to really force myself to have to think about it I have written a few guildelines for myself: 

1. Cannot be something you would usually do.
2. A kind act for a person must be proportionate to the relationship with the person
--As in more effort in an act of kindness to a person you know (friend, coworker, etc) than you would for a stranger. 
3. Must do a new thing every day
--Doing the same thing for different people is acceptable however you can't do the same thing day after day (i.e. I can make dinner for multiple friends within a month, but I can't spend all week making dinner for the same person and it count each day.)

Ideas: 
If anyone feels the need to try this along with me here are a few ideas I came up with that I plan on doing. You can also check out some of the websites I listed above for ideas!

1. Volunteer
2. Pay for strangers coffee, fast food, etc
3. Bravo card for coworkers (internal company compliments)
4. Offer someone a ride home when you know they have to walk 
5. Make someone dinner unexpectantly

Today's KIND-ness

I had been wanting to send a Bravo card to this woman who helped me out at one of the stores but there isn't an easy way to send them one because the online form to do so was not working.  Today I put in the extra time and I filled out the form and personally faxed it over to the store (even though I hate the fax machine) because she really did go above and beyond and she deserved to know.  

In other news...I signed up to Blogathon for this month again this year...wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Blog: Resume Boost or Liability?

I have recently read two different blogs that have both touched on the same topic. How your blog affects your resume and/or job search. The first was an interview with Sasha Halima, one of my favorite bloggers, at PR Breakfast Club. You can read it here. The second is on Brand Yourself, Your Blog is Your Extended Resume . Brand Yourself argues just what the title says that a blog is an extended resume and that when a potential employer searches for you and finds a blog full of fabulous content, they'll hire you. And while I couldn't agree more that I AGONIZED over the fact that potential employers were most likely Googling me and getting results for some person in Seattle or a Blues Singer in New York the interview with Sasha Halima said something that also struck a chord with me. Your blog can be a "liability." That is the scariest word that any potential employer could ever say because, if you're a liability to them, odds are other potential employers

Shoes

Shoes Shania Twain Tell me about it... Ooh! Men. Have you ever tried to figure them out? Huh, me too, but I ain't got no clue How 'bout you? Men are like shoes Made to confuse Yeah, there's so many of 'em I don't know which ones to choose (yeah, yeah, yeah) Ah, sing it to me If you agree There's the kind made for runnin' The sneakers and the low down heels The kind that will keep you on your toes And every girl knows how that feels (yeah, yeah, yeah) Ouch, ah, sing it with me Chorus: You've got your kickers and your ropers Your everyday loafers, some that you can never find You've got your slippers and your zippers Your grabbers and your grippers Man, don't ya hate that kind? Some you wear in, some you wear out Some you wanna leave behind Sometimes you hate 'em And sometimes you love 'em I guess it all depends on which way you rub 'em But a girl can never have too many of 'em It's amazing what a little polish will do... Men ar

Julie & Julia

Today Megan (my cousin) took me to Julie & Julia (we got in free because she works there). It was a really good movie, which made me happy because I had heard some people hadn't liked it and thought it was a slow movie, but I loved it. If you haven't seen the movie the basic premise is that Julie (Powell, the author of the book the movie is based from) works her way through Julia (Childs, the world renowned cook) cookbook. She gives herself 365 days and there were 540-ish recipes in the cookbook. She then wrote a blog about it, which became really famous, she was offered book deals, etc. But the point of the movie was that she decided to do something, gave herself a deadline, accomplished it, and it changed her life. So, when I came home I was 1. Hungry (I can't watch food and not want to eat...its the reason I can't watch the food network) 2. Inspired...I decided to cook something...experimentally too. I made soup that I used canned chicken noodle soup and s