Skip to main content

About Me

Jessica C. Braun is a graduate from The Ohio State University with a degree in French; minoring in both International Studies and Education.

During her undergraduate career Jessica not only worked as a Resident Advisor for three years with students in both Honors and First Year Experience programs; she was also an active part of the OSU volunteer community.

As a part of Serving With Honor she has the opportunity to work on the Pinwheels for Prevention campaign as Advertising and Volunteer co-chairpersons respectively.

Within her residence hall, Siebert, she was the Siebert Hall Buckeyethon team coordinator planning fundraising events and organizing the dancers for the event.

Finally, she volunteered with OSU Reach, the suicide prevention campaign, helping make their presence more known around campus through their social networking site.


Currently, Jessica is working as Food Distribution Coordinator at Grow Food Grow Hope at Wilmington College. She was placed there through Americorps*Vista and will be serving there for the next year.




For more information about anything mentioned check out the websites below:
Americorps*Vista: http://www.americorps.gov
Grow Food Grow Hope: http://www.growfoodgrowhope.com
Make A Difference Day Ohio: http://www.serveohio.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crafting Fails

Let's be honest, sometimes things just don't go as planned.  Like when you have this brilliant idea to do screen printing on the cheap and your ink runs everywhere.  Ink bleeding everywhere Or when you melt the fabulous tote bag you were working on.  Melted Mandala Sometimes you just have to admit that you don't know what you're doing and Google it.  And that's what I do.  So look out for some tutorials in the near future of things that I've probably screwed up previously and finally gave in and Googled how to do.   What sort of things have you failed at recently?

DIY Mug Stencil

I wanted to do a follow-up of my previous post to show you how easy it is to use the same process on a mug. I had these great plain mugs I got for 99 cents at a local discount store and I decided they needed to say something cheeky. Boring Originals  So I went ahead and created a stencil using 631.  This is an example where removable vinyl or stencil material is a MUST...if you use 651 you're going to cry because the vinyl is not going to want to come off everywhere and you're just going to end up frustrated...so make sure you understand your materials before creating the stencil.   Now let's talk paint, you can use oil based sharpies on your stencil, but I already had this glass and ceramic paint available (and my sharpies are all mysteriously missing).  Keep in mind you CANNOT use just any paint as it will not stick to your mug.  This paint is made exclusively for glass and ceramics.  Then, once you're done painting you must FOLLOW THE DIR...

Shoes

Shoes Shania Twain Tell me about it... Ooh! Men. Have you ever tried to figure them out? Huh, me too, but I ain't got no clue How 'bout you? Men are like shoes Made to confuse Yeah, there's so many of 'em I don't know which ones to choose (yeah, yeah, yeah) Ah, sing it to me If you agree There's the kind made for runnin' The sneakers and the low down heels The kind that will keep you on your toes And every girl knows how that feels (yeah, yeah, yeah) Ouch, ah, sing it with me Chorus: You've got your kickers and your ropers Your everyday loafers, some that you can never find You've got your slippers and your zippers Your grabbers and your grippers Man, don't ya hate that kind? Some you wear in, some you wear out Some you wanna leave behind Sometimes you hate 'em And sometimes you love 'em I guess it all depends on which way you rub 'em But a girl can never have too many of 'em It's amazing what a little polish will do... Men ar...