Skip to main content

Fantasy Football: Worst of the worst trophy DIY

Three years ago, Josh finally convinced me to join the world of Fantasy Football.  Because I am a girl, and therefore do not have the extra part of my brain to store sports information like men do...I stink at it.
So, last year I was the lucky winner of the worst of the worst trophy.

Fantasy Football Loser Trophy


Well, needless to say I felt it was a little weak.  So I decided to make it a little more epic.

I decided that nothing says "worst of the worst" quite like a plunger....a golden plunger.

               DIY Fantasy Football Trophy supplies
Before
             
Spray painted plunger Fantasy Football Trophy
And after
I then found a base that I could use to mount my plunger with my baseball player.  I ended up with a plaque that had a lovely painting of some trees on it which I repainted.  For some reason I can't find any pictures of me painting it my chosen color (black) but I did find a nice view of the back showing its former wall hanging-ness.

Base for DIY Fantasy Football Trophy

So I repainted the lovely tree painting on the front black, and mounted my two pieces to the top using E-6000, which is pretty much my go-to for any and all gluing.  

And the finished product (I apologize for the terrible photo...a boy** took it.  

Golden Plunger DIY Fantasy Football Trophy

What do you think?  Are any of you part of the Fantasy Football craze?




**Please note I am not anti-boy photographers, this just happens to be a boy in the stereotypical sense that he has no vision or view for pretty things and took it with his mancave stuff in the background

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crafting Fails

Let's be honest, sometimes things just don't go as planned.  Like when you have this brilliant idea to do screen printing on the cheap and your ink runs everywhere.  Ink bleeding everywhere Or when you melt the fabulous tote bag you were working on.  Melted Mandala Sometimes you just have to admit that you don't know what you're doing and Google it.  And that's what I do.  So look out for some tutorials in the near future of things that I've probably screwed up previously and finally gave in and Googled how to do.   What sort of things have you failed at recently?

DIY Mug Stencil

I wanted to do a follow-up of my previous post to show you how easy it is to use the same process on a mug. I had these great plain mugs I got for 99 cents at a local discount store and I decided they needed to say something cheeky. Boring Originals  So I went ahead and created a stencil using 631.  This is an example where removable vinyl or stencil material is a MUST...if you use 651 you're going to cry because the vinyl is not going to want to come off everywhere and you're just going to end up frustrated...so make sure you understand your materials before creating the stencil.   Now let's talk paint, you can use oil based sharpies on your stencil, but I already had this glass and ceramic paint available (and my sharpies are all mysteriously missing).  Keep in mind you CANNOT use just any paint as it will not stick to your mug.  This paint is made exclusively for glass and ceramics.  Then, once you're done painting you must FOLLOW THE DIR...

Shoes

Shoes Shania Twain Tell me about it... Ooh! Men. Have you ever tried to figure them out? Huh, me too, but I ain't got no clue How 'bout you? Men are like shoes Made to confuse Yeah, there's so many of 'em I don't know which ones to choose (yeah, yeah, yeah) Ah, sing it to me If you agree There's the kind made for runnin' The sneakers and the low down heels The kind that will keep you on your toes And every girl knows how that feels (yeah, yeah, yeah) Ouch, ah, sing it with me Chorus: You've got your kickers and your ropers Your everyday loafers, some that you can never find You've got your slippers and your zippers Your grabbers and your grippers Man, don't ya hate that kind? Some you wear in, some you wear out Some you wanna leave behind Sometimes you hate 'em And sometimes you love 'em I guess it all depends on which way you rub 'em But a girl can never have too many of 'em It's amazing what a little polish will do... Men ar...